Approaching 30 has got me thinking about my skin more. Mostly out of vanity, partially out of fear of people knowing my age. I even started taking daily sunscreen seriously and scrutinizing my morning/evening routines.
I've had terrible acne as a teenager, and after some 4 courses of Roaccutane I now only get occasional breakouts. I have an oily T zone (which looks more like an I) and dry cheeks. I'm more of a dry combination skin.
I've used Clinique since my mother got me my first 3-step system as a teenager. Though I've ditched the clarifying lotion recently and just used the soap and moisturizing lotion. Now I just have a complex routine that I'm trying to improve on. Here it is:
- Clinique liquid facial soap in No 2 for dry combination skin (which I use with the clarisonic now)
- Lush Coalface cleansing charcoalbar
- Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion+ (which didn't have the + before. They added it recently, still good.)
- Clinique All About eyes rich (yes, that's a LOT of Clinique. Let's hope they read this and send samples!)
- My own mixture of 0.05% retinoid in 0.1% hydrocortisone cream. It's magical.